Why do landlords need to complete an electrical inspection?
There are two main Acts of Parliament that impose a statutory duty on landlords with respect to the safety of electrical equipment:
– The Consumer Protection Act 1987
– The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
The Consumer Protection Act affects all persons who let property in the course of their business because it defines them as “suppliers”, i.e. they are supplying goods or services to the tenant. There are several items of secondary legislation under the umbrella of the Consumer protection Act which are directly relevant to the supply of electrical goods, including:
- The Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Regulations 1989
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994
- The General Product Safety Regulations 1994
- The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994
Therefore at R D Nelmes Electrical we provide a full electrical landlords inspection package.
Call Us Now!