Electrical burns can happen if somebody comes in to contact with a live current, for example touching an electrically live object or coming in contact with electrified water. caused when a person comes into contact with a live current, such as touching an electrically live object or coming in contact with electrified water.
Electrical burns can be easily prevented. Here are a just a few tips to help you avoid an electrical burn at home:
- Don’t have electrical wires within reach of children as they might start to chew on the wire which could cause an ‘oral burn’.
- Don’t use any electrical appliances while wet or with wet hands.
- Make sure you don’t have any counterfeit electrical appliances/gadgets in your home as these are often cheaply made and bypass certain safety requirements to reduce costs.
- Make all outlets accessible by children safe by using a cover to prevent them from touching with wet hands.
- Avoid putting any wires or electrical items in a place where water could come into contact – e.g. kitchen or bathroom.
- Make sure you have a working RCD fitted in your home to protect you from leaking currents.
If you have any questions about electrical burns feel free to get in touch with us.